Tuesday, August 4, 2009

(II) Notes: 1974 Tohei Sensei Ki Development Session

Exercises:
The "two-point," middle of the forehead, third eye is the focus for many. Put your mind at the two-point and allow partner to test you for stability. (Unstable)

When your mind is at the one-point, it is also at the two-point. Test. (Stable)

Sit down on floor. The strict lotus position with chin pulled in leads to grimness, mouth pulled down. (Sensei demonstrates.) Test it for stability with your partner. The lotus with erect spine but relaxed arms and shoulders with Ki is stable. Test.

Tohei Talk:
"I am the center of the universe. But not the only center. Because I am the center, there is no one above me, beneath me, in front of me, behind me."

"Sleep is the restoring of Ki. With Ki, one can sleep when one chooses for as long as one chooses, regardless of the surroundings."

(More to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment