Tuesday, August 4, 2009

1974 Notes from one of Tohei Sensei's Talks

Notes from one of Tohei Sensei's 1974 talks --

Breathing and meditation --
You can't chase two rabbits at once and catch one.
Either breathe or meditate.

War--
Sensei received order to go to war, went to war.
Did not kill anyone. Turned people loose.
Better they not die in jail.

When choosing men for patrol, did not say #1, 3, 10, come with me. Said all who want to drink liquor come with me. Only took "plus-ki" men with him.

Problems--
What to do with problems. Love them.

Universe--
Universe will look after you. Will wake you up when enemy comes,
not with friend. "While the universe needs me, I don't have to die."

Children--
Oldest son studies nuclear physics. Father-son can't go same way.
"I have many children. My students." Instructors taught strictly.
One small mistake is magnifed if they teach it. He is not as hard on us. We would run away.

(More to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment