Sunday, June 21, 2009

stagger li confronts satan

I continue to write the story of the warrior Stagger Li and his journey to Hell to recover his lost innocence, a small child held captive in Hell's very core. Here is a small sample of the latest unfolding. Stagger Li has confronted that old Christian and Islamic nemesis, Satan, who says:

"As long as you see me as 'other,' I will remain the evil one, the cast-off one, the despised, ignored, and hated. If you see me as you, I will be redeemed, no longer 'other' and its defiant desperation. The paradox, the danger, is that I will become even more powerful if you accept me; you will become my minion and I your master. The only way out for you at that point is love. Love the evil that you are without being overcome by it."

"You mean I incorporate duality, allowing twoness to merge into not even one."

"Easier said than done," said Satan.

"No. Easier done than said," smiled Stagger Li.

No comments:

Post a Comment