Tuesday, May 15, 2012

i am thankful

i am thankful for sensei tatsuo shimabuku who taught me how to kick ass efficiently and devastatingly with his isshinryu one heartmind karate, sensei ron lynch who taught me the jujutsu joys of hurling and being hurled through the air into submission chokeholds and bone breaks, sensei koichi tohei who reinforced and amplified my understanding of energy flow with his four principles of keep one-point, relax completely, extend ki, and weight underside

and my sensei friends, sensei partick martin my push-hands brother of menacing intent, sensei jon rudy fierce warrior and healer in a quiet unassuming package, and sensei bob frumhoff who helps me remember that i don't know shit

4 comments:

  1. I am thankful for you being thankful...and sharing! :)gmh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the humble sensei Frumholtz's advice. I glad you know how to break bones, George, if that is what you need or needed. I'm equally glad I DON'T know that. --Steve F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all come from different backgrounds and genetic flows, Steve. Evidently mine required the learning of physical warrior skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. George: Thank you for being you. Thank you for sharing you. Thank you for be-ing.

    ReplyDelete