Monday, November 14, 2011

the cosmic fight club

I belong to the Cosmic Fight Club. The Great Mystery is my personal trainer, oversees the whole endeavor, gives me good instruction. Rumi, my road man, laughing and singing and dancing backwards and sideways thru wide open spaces.

George Breed is my sparring partner. He's a wily little devil and knows all my weak spots. Buddha is my cook, serving generous portions of his nourishing Heart Sutra soup. Lao Tzu, my press agent, reluctant to say anything at all. Jesus is my cut man. He knows all wounds and their healing.

The posted training schedule is simple. No matter when I look, it says Now. I'm always at the gym, always working out, when I think I'm not, and when I don't think I am.

This spiritual athlete business is tough. But I wouldn't have it if it were any other way.

1 comment:

  1. ah. I've just read this for about the 8th time. the line, "George Breed is my sparring partner", jumped out at me. I had just a few minutes ago been questioning who exactly this critic was that lives in my head...ah. Cosmic Fight Club. love it.

    ReplyDelete