Sunday, July 10, 2011

thin gray gruel or laughing dancing mystery?

I do not trust the state, a loathsome beast which offers a teat for suckling its thin stream of gray gruel in return for our dreams. I do not trust the state, a torture-war machine using every immoral means to justify a glorious end which never comes. I do not trust the state, a monolithic monster which gives the illusion of a voting choice between one of its double-speak mouths.

I trust the LifeForce, that Spirit moving through every flower, through every laughing dancing soul. I trust the LifeForce which sings through our blood and bathes our hearts and brains in fires of burning love. I trust the LifeForce which always bursts asunder the artificial constraints and bounds of puny man and floods the universe with its uncontrollable laughter, grace, and mystery.

Which shall we declare allegiance to? Allegiance to the state or allegiance to the visions and dreams of our heart?

Mister Jesus was asked by some folk always looking to trip him up if they should pay taxes. Jesus said, Give me a coin. They did. He said, Whose image is on this? They said, Caesar. Jesus flipped it back and said, Give it to the sucker (my paraphrase). And give God what belongs to God.

I think that kind of puts it in perspective. God is the dreamer of the heart. Toss the coin back and give the Dreamer of your heart the dreams of your heart. All essential action follows.

3 comments:

  1. If you think the state is all darkness and evil, just remember that corporations are worse. And, even that is relative. At the core of the darkness is the Lifeforce. It is either asleep or ignored, but it is still there. I understand that you are telling people to embrace Life rather than Unconsciousness and Death, but you are setting up a dichotomy where one may not exist. After all, even the Unconscious have their part to play in God's Plan for they are still children of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I speak of state, I speak of the Leviathan of Hobbes and of Orwell's 1984 -- corporations are included. The state is real and inflicts misery and pain on many every minute, every hour. You notice I put this in Warrior Notes, rather than Intranaut or theosis or Zen Baptist. I address the warrior part of ourselves which is always at odds, at war with greed and violence and stupor. Like Mister Jesus, I toss Caesar the coin, but the rest is not up for grabs.

    ReplyDelete