Thursday, July 23, 2009

war styles

You do not want to get in between two people quarreling. Unless you are an idiot or a saint (the two are not all that different).

A person in the heat of battle is not easily distracted. Too busy giving shots and receiving them.

One thing I have learned about humans is if it is sticking in their craw, some will try to swallow it, some to spit it out. Some go on a crusade. Some hunker down.

That craw stuff is bile and bitter vetch. And watch out if it is YOU, person or group, sticking in the craw, because the crusader will use their war stuff on you. Slitting their own throat in doing so. The spitting crusaders are throat slitters, cutting off their own brains from their hearts.

The hunker downers tend to flood their own guts with bile. They wish to stomp and fuss and wear a righteous cape and roll their eyes and seek allies, but instead swallow and internalize.

You don't want to get in between them. Because there is no between. One slitting their own throat. The other busting their own gut.

Whatever happened to love you might ask. But you forget. This is war.

I know, I know. I should look at all the arguments for each one's righteous cause. But all I can see is what they are doing to themselves. Throat slicing. Gut busting.

Maybe they have come to terms by now and I am agonizing over nothing.

2 comments:

  1. I brushed by one of these folks yesterday and ran the other way, glancing over my shoulder to be sure they hadn't stuck to me somehow. I escaped back to the safety of loving-kindness. They have a huge aura. I'm thinking of developing a personal metaphorical spray can of "Bad Aura Be-gone" to carry in my spiritual backback for such encounters. Just zip it out and spray!

    Troutbum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :)

    LOL@Troutbum

    hey...if you ever see cloakbutterfly say hi for me ok? :)

    ReplyDelete